The Northwest Regional Spinners Association’s 26th annual Camp Burton Retreat on beautiful Vashon Island will be held from Thursday, March 14 through Sunday, March 17, 2019. Registration for NwRSA members opens November 1, 2018. Non-members may register starting December 1, 2018. Non-members pay an additional $35 registration fee or may become an NwRSA member for $25. See all membership options on the website at www.nwrsa.net
This annual event is a unique opportunity for spinners to join together for a relaxing, long weekend of spinning, good food, friendship, fiber shopping, and fun at a woodland camp on beautiful Vashon Island, just 30 minutes from Seattle and 15 minutes from Tacoma. The weekend promises hours of uninterrupted spinning and a variety of optional activities (fiber vendors, demonstrations, used equipment sale, prizes, and wine tasting.) Questions? Please contact Kelli Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify the subject of your email as: Camp Burton.
NEW THIS YEAR:
Due to changes in Camp Burton’s pricing policies, there is a minimum 3-night stay for housing in the Retreat Center and Rustic Cottages. Registrants requiring 1- or 2-nights lodging should select the Rustic Cabin housing option.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL SINGLE ROOMS (RUSTIC COTTAGES) and
ALL ROOMS IN THE RETREAT CENTER ARE NOW SOLD OUT.
ALTERNATE HOUSING OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE.
HOUSING: Three kinds of housing are offered:
- ALL RETREAT CENTER ROOMS ARE SOLD OUT ! : Newer construction rooms are available for double or triple occupancy with a 3-night stay only. Linens and towels included.
- RUSTIC COTTAGES ARE SOLD OUT ! : Single rooms for 3-night stays are available in two cottages, single-occupancy only. Chandler has 2 single rooms with a shared bath. Chandler rooms are reserved for persons requiring wheelchair access, on a first-come basis. Orchard House has 6 single rooms with 3 shared baths. Please bring your own linens and towels.
- 1 AND 3 NIGHT STAYS IN RUSTIC CABINS ARE SOLD OUT! RUSTIC CABINS: Free-standing cabins house 6 people with one shared bath. Available for 2-night stays. Please bring your own linens and towels.
- Each registrant must submit an individual registration. Persons wishing to room together must list their roommates on their registration form. We will do our very best to honor roommate requests, but there are no guarantees.
- Camp Burton serves great food in a lovely dining hall overlooking beautiful Quartermaster Harbor. Special meal options include: VEGETARIAN, VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE and GLUTEN-FREE, and MUST be ordered at registration. Other special meal requests are not available.
- NOTE: 3-night packages do not include Thursday dinner which is served at 5:30 pm. If you would like Thursday dinner, please add this separate item to your order.
- You are welcome to bring your own food; however, no cooking facilities are available. Food is allowed in the rooms and the spinning hall.
The following fiber arts purveyors will be vending at the 2019 retreat:
- Aurora Colony Fiberarts (Christine Thomas-Flitcroft)
- Batts in the Bellfry (Kim Perkins)
- BJS Fiber Creations (Barbara Seeler)
- Cabled Fiber & Yarn (MarySue French, Beth Witters)
- Fleebers Farm (Allison Harding)
- Irene’s Little Beach House (Irene Hudspeth)
- Not Your Grandma’s Yarn (Leslie Hoex)
- Phoenixx Fibers (Lauralee DeLuca)
- Plum Crazy Fiber Art (Gayle Paige)
- Pronkin’ Pastures Alpaca Ranch (LeeAnna Jorgenson)
- Siren of the Skeins (Cydne Pidgeon)
Please address Vendor questions to Myra Willingham at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to Vashon Island for a fabulous weekend!
CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO START THE REGISTRATION PROCESS